Specifically, when it comes to firearms, here are some of my qualifications:
Allow me to tell you some things about myself that I believe no other appraiser can say:
• I am the only accredited and certified firearm appraiser, in both modern and antique firearms, in the United States (Antique firearms being firearms manufactured before 1900.)
• Of the 6500 members of the American Society of Appraisers, I hold the only specialty firearm certification granted, which includes both modern and antique firearms
• I am the only Certified Master Appraiser, who specializes in firearms
• I am the only accredited and certified firearm appraiser, in both modern and antique firearms, in United States that can claim the following distinction: The U.S. Court of Appeals, second highest court in the land, has held in Tom G. Murphy v. Commissioner No. 92-70108, 1993 US App that any person who hires an appraiser, who holds the same designation, and who has the same appraisal training and appraisal education as Joe Cornell, ISA, CMA, ASA, is hiring a professional expert appraiser.
• I am the only firearm appraiser in the United States prepared to offer appraisal services consistent with the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice, USPAP, or the International Valuation Standards.
• I am the only firearms appraiser in the United States, who is also qualified to appraise antiques, militaria, decorative art, sterling silver, glassware, collectables, tools, memorabilia, residential contents, one-of-a-kind rarities, etc.